All BSRN datasets retrievable via PANGAEA (see below) are subject to the data release guidelines of the BSRN. They are read account restricted. Only persons who follow the data release guidelines are allowed to use the data. Read accounts can be obtained from Amelie Driemel.
Please note, that all data (PANGAEA and ftp) are provided in UTC universal time.
Data Retrieval via PANGAEA
As an alternative to the ftp-access to the rather complex station-to-archive files the World Radiation Monitoring Center at AWI offers data access via the Data Publisher for Earth & Environmental Science PANGAEA. Within PANGAEA all monthly BSRN-files are split up into their different logical records (LR, see below).
The station scientists are responsible for the quality of their submitted data. Within the archive all incoming data are format-checked and visualized. Files with the most obvious errors are not imported into the archive but are returned to the submitter. Although this procedures insures the basic integrity of the data set, detailed quality checks of the archived data and resulting quality flags have not yet been applied to the data. Thus, the
WRMC highly recommends that all users do their own quality checks of the data after extracting BSRN-data!!!
Any user who finds questionable data should inform the WRMC staff (Amelie Driemel) about the problem so the data can be double checked. If the problem is severe, the WRMC staff will contact the corresponding station scientists for corrections. If the corrected data cannot be submitted within a reasonable period of time, the questionable data will be deleted from PANGAEA, and a warning will be given in the corresponding station directory of the ftp-archive.
Available Data Summaries
- LR 0100 + LR 0300 (Basic radiation and other radiation measurements)
- LR 0300 (Other radiation measurements only, including net and upward fluxes)
- LR 0500 (Ultra-violet measurements)
- LR 1000 (Meteorological synoptical observations)
- LR 1100 (Radiosonde measurements)
- LR 1200 (Ozone measurements)
- LR 1300 (Expanded measurements), Part I
- LR 3010 (Other radiation measurements at 10 m, including upward fluxes)
- LR 3030 (Other radiation measurements at 30 m, including upward fluxes)
- LR 3300 (Other radiation measurements at 300 m, including upward fluxes)
- All logical records
Additionally, a Google-like interface for searching and distributing BSRN-data via web may be used, see example. The output of the search interface are links to single monthly datasets. Following one link leads to the meta data of this dataset. The data itself can be obtained in different formats after you logged in.
For station NYA the LR1100 record ends in 2017. However, high resolution radiosonde measurements from 2017 on can be found here.