Word Climate Research Programme In 1992, the WRMC/BSRN started within the framework of the World Climate Research Project (WCRP). Global Energy and Water Cycle Experiment The Global Energy and Water Cycle Experiment (GEWEX) is a program to observe, understand and model the hydrological cycle and energy fluxes in the atmosphere, at land surface and in the upper oceans. GEWEX Radiation Panel BSRN is a project of the the Radiation Panel from the Global Energy and Water Cycle Experiment. Global Climate Observing System The Global Climate Observing System (GCOS) is intended to be a long-term, user-driven operational system capable of providing the comprehensive observations required for:
- Monitoring the climate system,
- Detecting and attributing climate change,
- Assessing impacts of, and supporting adaptation to, climate variability and change,
- Application to national economic development,
- Research to improve understanding, modelling and prediction of the climate system.
- make reliable, comprehensive observations of the chemical composition and selected physical characteristics of the atmosphere on global and regional scales,
- provide the scientific community with the means to predict future atmospheric states,
- organize assessments in support of formulating environmental policy.